Strat-O-Matic ran a simulation of the 2015 World Series that generated a lot of publicity for the incredible accuracy of its individual player statistic predictions. It was not revealed at the time that the simulation was conducted using the data and digital cards from the yet-to-be-released Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily game. The results of the simulation demonstrate the ultimate, unrivaled realism capabilities of the Strat-O-Matic game engine.
Here is a list of the Baseball Daily simulations that came to life in the 2015 World Series:
- Kansas City wins first two games at home
- Jeurys Familia blows the save in a game that ends in 14 innings
- Home runs by Alcides Escobar and Alex Gordon in Game 1
- Matt Harvey allows three earned runs in Game 1
- New York’s bullpen implodes in Game 1
- Jacob deGrom allows four earned runs in Game 2
- Johnny Cueto allows one earned run in Game 2
- David Wright hits a clutch home run in Game 3; New York wins the game
- Michael Conforto hits a home run in Game 4 (ACTUAL: Conforto hit two HRs in the game)
- Harvey dominates in Game 5: 7ip, 0 runs, 4h, 1bb, 8k (ACTUAL: Harvey’s pitching line through seven innings was identical, short of one strikeout. Manager Terry Collins left Harvey in to pitch longer and New York surrendered the lead in the ninth inning).
To join a Baseball Daily draft league during the 2016 baseball season, click here.