2013 Japanese League Baseball Season Roster
- An SOM first: The most recent Japanese season
- Rising Sons: ex-Major Leaguer Balentien breaks Oh’s HR record; Tanaka goes 24-0
- Twice as nice: Rated to play as two 6-team divisions or with the 2013 Major League
For the first time, Strat-O-Matic offers another professional league for replay as soon as that season is over. Learn the game in its Japanese form, featuring the Central League and Pacific League and some of the most awesome individual feats in Japanese League history:
- A 7-game Nippon Series won by the Pacific League’s Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles in their first Series appearance, over the legendary Central League winners, the Yomiuri Giants.
- The Golden Eagles’ Masahiro Tanaka won the Pacific League MVP and became hugely sought-after in the Major Leagues after going at 24-0, 1.95 with 192 strikeouts.
- The Central League MVP was MLB washout Wladimir Balentien (.314-47-119), reborn with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows, who broke Sadaharu Oh’s Japanese single-season home run record.
Balentien is one of 69 former Major Leaguers in this league, including Golden Eagles Casey McGehee (.279-33-98), Andruw Jones (.226-30-99) and Darrell Rasner (17 saves). Jose Lopez (.289, 16 HR) and Dennis Houlton (9-4) helped lead the powerful Giants to the league’s top record (84-53, 12.5 games better than the Hanshin Tigers).
Yomiuri’s power coincided with a new baseball that the NPB introduced to liven up the offense – the NPB just neglected to announce the fact! Learn the Japanese stars of today, some destined to be Major League stars of tomorrow.
Play them all with as-played files, including the three All-Star games and the Nippon Series teams, with lineups. Player statistics have been adjusted for a season that can be played in stand-alone Japanese leagues or against contemporary Major League teams.
Requires Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2014 or higher to play. Season roster release new for 2014.
This Product is now available via E-Delivery. After purchase is completed, your product registration code can be found on your account page under License Keys as well as on your order invoice in your account page.
If you need technical assistance regarding E-Delivery products please contact email@example.com. Please read the information for E-Delivery products carefully before purchasing as these items are non-refundable.