Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2018
- Houston Strong: Like a hurricane, Astros storm to the first World Series title in Texas
- Power Supply: Fueled by rookies, sluggers shatter MLB home-run record
- High Heat: Sale, Kluber, Kimbrel, Jansen set strikeout records
Our base Windows game package that includes everything you need to get started with the best baseball sim game ever. Each game version includes the most currently completed season roster with your purchase. This game is based on the 2017 baseball season statistics.
New for Version 2018:
- Extreme Batter Pitcher Matchups – A new optional feature has been added that accounts for extreme batter-pitcher matchups. Using a proprietary method Strat-O-Matic has identified certain batter-pitcher real-life matchups as statistically significant enough to warrant an adjustment in the game engine. This will only effect the outcomes of those matchups that are clearly significant and so we have titled this feature “Extreme” Batter-Pitcher Matchups. This feature can be toggled on or off in the Max Rules dialog. It is only available for real-life seasons from 2017 forward, as the data does not exist for old seasons. The feature is only valid for players from the same year, so if you mix players from different years within your league you should not use this feature. Extreme matchups are identified on various screens with colors that indicate when a matchup is extreme. Whenever an extreme matchup occurs during game play a message will appear on the field to let you know about the extreme matchup. There is also a new Team Report that identifies which players on your team have extreme advantages/disadvantages.
- Free Cloud Hosting of League Files – Sharing files with other league members can be a hassle sometimes. If your league utilizes Game Result Files then you’ll want to check out our free Cloud Hosting feature. This feature makes it easier for you to transmit your computer managers and game results to the league commissioner. And it makes running a league easier as some of the commissioner tasks are automated.
- Monthly League Leaders – The League Statistics report has been improved to allow you to display league leaders by month. If you select the option to have the statistics package save Monthly Automatic Subset Stats you can now view league leaders for each month. You can view these stats by selecting “League Leaders” from the League Stats dialog. You will see a dropdown titled “When” which allows you to choose to view your leaders for the entire season for any month during which games have been played in your league.
- 10-Day Injury List – Support has been added for the 10-Day Injury List. This replaced the 15-Day Injury List for the 2017 Major League Baseball seasons.
- Batch Import of Computer Managers – League commissioners will be happy to hear that we have added the ability to import an entire batch of computer managers with the click of a button. To run this function place all computer managers that are to be imported into the IMPORT folder and run the Batch Import Computer Managers function from the Team Menu. Files are automatically imported and then moved to the IMPORTED folder for archival purposes.
- Pitchers Breakdowns Improved – The Player Detail Report for pitchers has been improved to display wins, losses, innings pitched, and E.R.A. for the various breakdown categories such as Starter, Reliever, and all the subsets that you are saving. So now it will be easy to see that your ace pitcher went 4-0 with a 1.29 E.R.A. in your September drive for the playoffs. Or, if you are less fortunate, that your closer was 0-2 with a 5.21 E.R.A. when he imploded in July. This information is available for all subsets, so to give another example, you can see at a glance how each of your pitcher’s fared against every other team in the league. Make sure to turn on the various Automatic Subsets categories you are interested in seeing before your league commences. These options can be found on the Autoplay/Boxscore Options dialog.
- Starter Pitcher Schedule – If you have assigned starting pitchers to particular games with the Update Computer Manager function they will now display on the Pre-Game Schedule dialog after selecting the New Scheduled Game menu item. This will save time because you no longer have to check the Update Computer Manager dialog to make sure the proper pitcher is defined before starting a game – you can now verify that as the game is being launched.
- WAR – Wins Above Replacement (WAR) has been added to the Player Notebooks for both batters and pitchers. WAR is an estimated measure of the number of wins a player contributes to his team. Our version of WAR is a combination of a player’s wRAA, rWAR, and dWAR and attempts to value a player’s total contribution in one number. This number should not be taken as the definitive measure of player value but as another tool to use when evaluating a player’s performance. In addition to the player’s replay WAR, we included a calculated WAR for the player card as well (that is located under the “actual” column of data). This roughly estimates the real-life WAR of the player’s card, but is not an exact match of other WAR systems available elsewhere.
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2018 is necessary to play the the 2017,1968,20178Hall of Fame,1871,1916 negro league,1936 negro league,1949 negro league,1969 japanese league, and 2017 japanese league seasons
System Requirements: Requires Windows XP or higher (Note: older operating systems might work but will not officially be supported), 800 by 600 minimum screen resolution and an internet connection.
NOTE: Lo-Res Color Ballparks shown in screen shot are included with game purchase but Hi-Res Color Ballparks are an optional purchase.
This Product is now available via E-Delivery. After purchase is completed, you will find a link to download your game under Purchased File Downloads on your account page. Your product registration code can be found on your account page under License Keys as well as on your order invoice in your account page.
If you need technical assistance regarding E-Delivery products please contact email@example.com. Please read the information for E-Delivery products carefully before purchasing as these items are non-refundable.