Our base Windows game package that includes everything you need to get started with the best baseball sim game ever. Each game version includes the most currently completed season roster with your purchase. This game is based on the 2016 baseball season statistics.
New for Version 2017:
- Daily Draft League Support (Optionally Available) - You can now run draft leagues based upon our optional Daily Data product. The Daily Data player cards are updated every day of the MLB season by Strat-O-Matic to reflect the latest major league stats! These updated player cards can be downloaded and automatically imported into your draft league for the most up-to-date and realistic Strat-O-Matic games you've ever played!
- Defensive Shifts - A new Max Rule has been introduced that brings defensive shifts to Strat-O-Matic Baseball. When you "put the shift on" the infielder's placement on the screen will be updated to visually indicate the shift. Defensive Shifts add a new level of strategy into the game - it is important that you read the complete description of this rule to have the best chance of out-maneuvering your opposing manager (be he human or computer)!
- Computer Manager Pitcher Setting - A new option has been added to remove a pitcher if his pitch count exceeds the limit you define. With this option you can limit pitchers to a particular pitch count just as is done in real-life. Alternatively, you can use this setting to define an upper-limit of pitches that you feel is realistic for each pitcher (for example, 120 pitches for your ace starter and 40 pitches for your closer).
- Computer Manager Pinch Hitting Setting - A new option has been added to pinch hit for a particular batter when the game is late, close and in a clutch hitting situation.
- Netplay Improvements - @@@
- Game Scores - Pitcher "Game Score" has been added to the League Stats Record Book and Player Game Log reports. Now you can easily see which pitchers had the best outings in your league, and how each pitcher performed in each of their games. The all-time highest MLB Game Score (as of 2016) was 105 recorded by Kerry Wood in his 20-strikeout game. See if anybody in your league can approach it!
- Install Rosters - The Install Rosters dialog now allows you to search and filter the listbox so that you can easily find the particular season you are looking to install.
- Create Debug File - In an effort to make it as easy as possible to report game bugs we have added a new "Create Debug File" feature. If you experience what you believe to be a bug while playing a game select the Help / Create Debug File menu item. This will prompt you to enter a full bug description and then it will automatically package up all the necessary files into a single zip file. The zip file will be placed into the "Bugs" folder. After using this function email the bug zip file to Tech Support.
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2017 is necessary to play the the 2016,1949,2017 Hall of Fame,1872,1914 negro league,1924 negro league,1944 negro league,1961 japanese league, and 2016 japanese league seasons
System Requirements: Requires Windows XP or higher (Note: older operating systems might work but will not officially be supported), 800 by 600 minimum screen resolution and an internet connection.
NOTE: Lo-Res Color Ballparks shown in screen shot are included with game purchase but Hi-Res Color Ballparks are an optional purchase.
This Product is now available via E-Delivery. After purchase is completed, you will find a link to download your game under Purchased File Downloads on your account page. Your product registration code can be found on your account page under License Keys as well as on your order invoice in your account page.
If you need technical assistance regarding E-Delivery products please contact email@example.com. Please read the information for E-Delivery products carefully before purchasing as these items are non-refundable.