Strat-O-Matic to release 1982 season in February
Strat-O-Matic will be releasing the 1982 baseball season as next year’s featured classic season re-creation. The 1982 season will be available in Super Advanced format for board game and Windows game-play.
Highlights of the 1982 season include:
- St. Louis defeats Milwaukee in 7-game World Series for ninth title in franchise history
- Four tight division races including nine different teams within three games of first place
- Milwaukee leads the sport in home runs with 216
- Rickey Henderson sets modern-day record with 130 stolen bases
- Most Valuable Players: Robin Yount (Milwaukee) and Dale Murphy (Atlanta)
- Cy Young Award winners: Pete Vuckovich (Milwaukee) and Steve Carlton (Philadelphia)
- Rookies of the Year: Cal Ripken, Jr. (Baltimore) and Steve Sax (Los Angeles – NL)
1982 will be available for pre-order starting in mid-January along with the rest of the new baseball products, including the 2015 season. All new baseball products are scheduled to be released in early February.
More exciting new items for 2016 will be revealed in the coming weeks leading up to the first day of pre-orders, which has yet to be announced.