Strat-O-Matic’s New Baseball Gems Worthy of its Golden Anniversary
You could guess that Strat-O-Matic’s forthcoming lineup of products commemorates the company’s 50th anniversary year – the games, cards and computer products are as precious, gaming-wise, as solid gold.
Check out the treasure that gamers will discover on Feb. 12 – Opening Day:
- The crown jewel of every Opening Day – the latest Major League season. If you’ve been begging for your first Strat-O-Matic no-hitter, this may be the year for you. The 2010 Major Leagues had six no-hitters, including two perfect games and Armando Galarraga’s near-perfecto. Roy Halladay joined select company by throwing two no-hitters – a regular-season perfect game and the second post-season no-hitter ever. More shining moments: Giants won its first World Series since moving to San Francisco and Texas played in its first October Classic. Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th home run.
- The Version 16 CD-ROM Baseball game has sparkling features, including new ability to manage double-carded pitcher-batters (like Babe Ruth and Bullet Joe Rogan). And with V16 you won’t need the CD-ROM to install additional seasons.
- Strat-O-Matic Baseball Founder’s Edition is a replica of the first ever published, original Strat-O-Matic baseball game, with all 80 player cards from the 1960 season, game parts and game box. This game was originally distributed in 1961 and only 350 were sold. When the original card set alone showed up on eBay in 2003, it sold for $1,800. But now, the complete game is “Fifty for $50” – 50 years of tradition in a limited-edition collectible for only $50. Only 1,000 of these games will be produced and each comes with an official certification signed and numbered by Strat-O-Matic creator Hal Richman.
* Strat-O-Matic Baseball Founder’s Edition is a stand alone product. It is not intended to be used with or compatible with any current Strat-O-Matic Product.
- The computer version of the best-selling Hall of Fame 2010 card set released last summer, with more than 230 players – every player inducted to the Hall of Fame through 2010, including 28 Negro Leagues stars. This set captures all the golden days of baseball and contains the only Babe Ruth pitching card ever produced by Strat-O-Matic.
- The anxiously awaited Baseball Heroes set of 117 great players not yet in the Hall of Fame. Like the Hall of Fame set, these cards and computer rosters are based on the greatest seven seasons for such gilded HOF players to be as Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson and Craig Biggio; such likely Hall of Famers as Roberto Alomar and Jeff Bagwell; such recently retired 24-karat players as Ken Griffey Jr. and John Smoltz and such enduring favorites as Ron Santo, Ron Guidry and Don Mattingly. Even such once-golden, now-tarnished stars as Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Rafael Palmeiro are in the set.
- A new black T-Shirt, made of 100% heavyweight cotton, proclaims SOM’s place in sports history: “The Original Fantasy Sports Games” and celebrates the Company’s milestone with its 50th Anniversary branded logo.
All the new products will be available for purchase soon online at www.strat-o-matic.com. They also will be available for pickup (after pre-order) at Strat-O-Matic’s 50th anniversary celebration, Feb. 12, in Manhattan. Opening Day 2011 will be celebrated with special festivities at the Community Church of New York, 40 East 35th St., New York, NY 10016. Find all the details at www.strat-o-matic.com.