Hockey Season and Cards Combo
2018-19 Hockey Cards & Season Roster
- Paint the Town Blue: St. Louis wins first Cup in historic playoff season
- Lightning Flash: Tampa Bay wins 62 in season, none in playoffs
- Lamplighters: 13 score 40+ goals in highest-scoring year ever
The NHL had never seen anything like it. First, all four division winners and six of the nine 100-point teams did not survive the first round of the playoffs. Tampa Bay’s historically great regular season (NHL record-tying 62 wins, league-best 325 goals) ended with a historically disastrous playoff (first team in the 52-year expansion era to fail to win a playoff game after leading the NHL in points).
That unequalled misery set the stage for the season’s feel-good ending: The St. Louis Blues, a last-place team on Jan. 1, won its first Stanley Cup in its first finals appearance since 1970, the early days of expansion.
The regular season offered plenty of individual highlights:
- Alex Ovechkin leads the NHL in goals (51) again, but only one more than Edmonton’s Leon Draisaitl in a season that had the most goals in NHL history. Thirteen men scored at least 40 goals.
- Tampa Bay’s Nikita Kucherov won the Hart Trophy and the scoring title (41-87-128) above a group of six superstar 100-point men: Kucherov, Connor McDavid (116), Patrick Kane (110), Draisaitl (105), Brad Marchand (100) and Sidney Crosby (100).
- Despite the flurry of goals, Dallas’ Ben Bishop’s .934 save percentage topped nine qualifiers with .922 or better.
- Louis’ rookie goaltender, Jordan Binnington (.927 save percentage), led the NHL with a 1.89 goals-against-average, a bit better than Bishop’s 1.98, before starring in the Blues’ surge to the Cup.
Powered by official averages and stats with exclusive Strat-O ratings;
Enhanced by hundreds of hours of unique Strat-O research and statistical analysis
Requires Strat-O-Matic Hockey 2019 or later to play
This Product is now available via E-Delivery. After purchase is completed, your product registration code can be found on your account page under License Keys as well as on your order invoice in your account page.
If you need technical assistance regarding E-Delivery products please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the information for E-Delivery products carefully before purchasing as these items are non-refundable.