Year Two of the Baseball Daily Media Experts League is rolling along! Here is a look at the league standings after Week 1:
Highlights from Week 1:
- Chad Finn (Hack Finns) leads the league in wins (14) despite having the lowest run differential among the division leaders
- Jon Miller’s (Bora Bora Lagoon) pitching staff has allowed 50 total runs en route to a league-best +39 run differential
- Division leaders: Finn (Hack Finns), Doug Glanville (Teaneck Steel Drums), and Jon Miller (Bora Bora Lagoon)
- HR Leaders: Matt Davidson (Finn) – 11, Giancarlo Stanton (Marc Stein)- 9, Zack Cozart and George Springer (Both Glanville!) – 9
- RBI Leader: Six players tied with 17
- BA Leader: Mike Trout (Stein) – .382
- Best Pitcher: Chris Sale (Finn) – 4-0, 0.94 ERA, 0.70 WHIP
- Doug Glanville’s team has slugged a league-leading 43 home runs in 21 games!
- Jon Miller has the best team ERA at 2.06
- Max Scherzer (Jared Diamond) threw a no-hitter in the first game of the season vs. Joe Sheehan’s Inwood Landfills!
- Ben Zobrist (Finn) hit a walk-off single in the 16th inning of a game against the Tower Grove Mundys (Derrick Goold), the longest game of the season
- Doug Glanville and the Teaneck Steel Drums walk-off twice in one series against Steve Garner and the Madison Square Gardners
- Mark Reynolds has 8 home runs and was part of the only trade so far, between Jared Diamond (Diamonds In the Rough) and Marc Stein (Norristown Bulls) (Austin Romine was the return for the Bulls)
At the end of the league playoffs, Strat-O-Matic will be making a $1,000 donation to the winning team’s charity of choice.
To view daily scores, team rosters and league statistics, please visit the Baseball Daily Media Experts League Page.