Patch Updates for Current Game ReleasesPlease Note for All SOM Windows Games - Due to recent Windows Updates you may experience problems while installing or launching a SOM game. If you encounter errors please locate your Setup.exe program (normally will be saved in the Windows Downloads folder) then follow these directions:
- Right-click the Setup program
- Select "Properties"
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
- At the bottom of the screen check "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click OK
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2018Version 2018h update Patch is now available. All users should download and install Version 2018h immediately. Please note, all fixes in 2018 version g update are also included in the h update patch. Version g is no longer needed.
If you use the Cloud Hosting feature, there is a special update you need to download. Please click here to download the Cloud Hosting Update for Baseball Version 2018H.You must first install the above H patch before you can add this Cloud Hosting Update. Please Note: If you do not use the Cloud Hosting feature, the Cloud Hosting update is not necessary.
ITEMS FIXED IN VERSION 2018H PATCH
- 1) The Batch Import Computer Managers function was not displaying errors such as mismatched rosters. This also affected the Cloud / Pull Computer Managers function. You will now be notified of any mismatches and be given the opportunity to bypass a computer manager if there is a problem.
- 2) Crashes could occur under certain circumstances when there were a large number of players on the bench while utilizing the Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups max rule. This was most often the case when using the "Minor Leaguers - Eligible" setting in the League Lineup Options.
- 3) On very rare occasions while the computer manager was making a double-switch it was removing a player who had just been brought into the game as an injury replacement.
- 4) The text for item 8 of the 2018G patch description said "Spectator Sounds" but it should have read "Vendor Sounds". The Sounds option dialog now says "Vendor/PA Sounds" (the PA stands for Public Announcer) and the Help File documents that this now controls the "Welcome to the Stadium" announcement.
- 5) The Cloud Hosting feature now posts a verification message when the commissioner is about to clear the ownership of a team. This will help prevent accidentally clearing the ownership of the wrong team.
- 1) 2017 Data Corrections:
- - The transaction files has been corrected to add 3 more player moves. This will allow you to restart the league and run without receiving an error on your 2nd run.
- - Mike Napoli, Texas - Injury reading was moved from 3-2 to 3-3 on the right side.
- - In leagues where road games are played (instead of home games) you were not able to upload the game result files. That has been resolved but to do so you must select the home team (not your team) and then push the game files.
- - Email addresses with a "." in it were not working.
- - Issues with the Download league progress bar were addressed.
- - Intermittent error when trying to push computer managers was fixed.
- - Dynazip errors were being displayed for some users when trying to download the league.
- - A fix was made to address a situation that occurred when you claim more than one team in a leauge.
- 3) The "Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups" max rule was not being toggled on and off with the Main Rules setting on the Options / Rules dialog. The program will now ignore the "Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups" max rule if the Main Rules is not set to "Maximum Level".
- 4) Monthly Leaders were incorrectly showing overall totals for traded players.
- 5) When using the new batch import of computer managers the game would sometimes crash.
- 6) When using the DH rule with double-duty players the computer manager would sometimes pinch-hit with a player who was already in the game as that team's pitcher.
- 7) If 7th inning stretch occurred immediately following an injury roll then the trivia question would not display properly.
- 8) The "Welcome to the Stadium" wav file was playing even if all the sounds were turned off. This sound is now controlled by the "Spectator Sounds" setting on the Sounds option menu.
- 9) If a team was deleted and then a team with the same name abbreviation was added back to the league then subsequent imports of game files was resulting in the won/loss records in the standings to be incorrect.
- 10) Released players were showing an incorrect team abbreviation if they qualified for the leaders report. Since they are not on a team their code will be shown as "***". Note that this also applies to players who have been traded but have not yet accumulated any stats with their new team.
- 11) Loc Files have been updated for many ballpark pictures. The wall heights and fence distances have been changed to reflect the stadiums as of 2017.
- 12) The latest SOM-Baseball Rulebook PDF has been included (this is installed in the main game folder)
- 13) The Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups max rule is not compatible with the Lineup Evaluator as it is too memory intensive to run tens of thousands of games with. An error message now displays if you try to run an evaluation with this option turned on.
- 14) The Game Lobby had the following two bugs corrected:
- - When trying to assign a new sound for the various actions a File Save dialog was being displayed instead of a File Open dialog.
- - Occasionally after closing the Game Lobby and logging back in the user's name would not be displayed.
- - A variety of lobby display glitches were addressed.
Football Version 2018An update patch is available for Version 2018 Football, all users should download and install the patch immediately. Please click here to download and save the Version 2018g update patch to your computer. To install the update simply double click on the file where you have saved it to.
BUGS FIXED IN VERSION 2018g
- -The Model League function was not working correctly when creating a league with the 2017 data due to the San Diego to Los Angeles franchise move
- -James Harrison, OLB, New England, pass rush s/b 6
- -Chicago Advanced Off Tackle 0LB column #4 s/b +15 2-11, +5 12
- -Green Bay Advanced Linebuck 0LB column #4 s/b +15 2-7, +5 8-12
- - The Ball Possession and Box Score reports were sometimes showing incorrect Time of Possession
DATA FIXES IN VERSION 2017e
- - Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Green Bay, run block s/b 4
- - James Develin, FB, New England, run block s/b 6
- - Zach Line, FB, New Orleans, run block s/b 4
- - George Johnson, DE, New Orleans, pass rush s/b 3
- - Lamaar Houston, OLB, Chicago, pass rush s/b 8
- - Mike Glennon, QB, Chicago, linebuck wrong #8 s/b +1, linebuck #9 s/b F/0 2
- -Phillip Rivers, QB, LA AFC, linebuck right #9 s/b F/0 2
- -Cam Newton, QB, Carolina, end run right/keyed fumble readings move from #8 to #5
- -Buffalo Advanced Flat Pass 1 man column #2 s/b +2 2-9, X 10-12
- - Jerry Rice, FL, San Francisco, 2-tmd receptions added to FP and SPd.
College Football Version 2018There are currently no patches available for Version 2018 College Football
Hockey Version 2018There are currently no patches available for Version 2018 Hockey
Basketball 2018There are currently no patches available for Version 2018 Basketball Patch Archives:
- Patch2017J for Baseball Version 2017
- Patch 2016G for Baseball Version 2016
- Patch 2015G for Baseball Version 2015
- Patch 2014G for Baseball Version 2014
- Patch 2012G for Baseball Version 2012
- Patch 15.02A for Version 15.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 14.03N for Version 14.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 13.01c for Version 13.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 12.02 for Version 12.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 11.04a for Version 11.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 10.01b for Version 10.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 9.02 for Version 9.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 8.01 for Version 8.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 7.01b for Version 7.0 CD-Rom Baseball
- Patch 2017f for Version 2017
- Patch 2016g for Version 2016
- Patch 2015f for Version 2015
- Version 2014 Data Patch.
- Version 2013 Data Patch.
- Patch 2012h for Football Version 2012
- Version 11 Data Patch is currently available to correct player data errors.
- Patch 10.01a for Version 10.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 9.01b for Version 9.0 CD-Rom Football
- Data Patch V8 for Version 8.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 7.01a for Version 7.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 6.06b for Version 6.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 5.01E for Version 5.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 4.02 for Version 4.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 3.02 for Version 3.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 2.01 for Version 2.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 1.04 for Version 1.0 CD-Rom Football
- Patch 2016d for Version 2016 Hockey.
- Version 10 Hockey Data Patch to correct player data errors.
- Patch 6.03a for Version 6.0 CD-Rom Hockey
- Patch 4.01 for Version 4.0 CD-Rom Hockey
- Patch 3.02 for Version 3.0 CD-Rom Hockey
- Patch 2.01 for Version 2.0 CD-Rom Hockey
- Patch 1.01c for Version 1.0 CD-Rom Hockey