Year Two of the Baseball Daily Media Experts League forges on! Here is a look at the league standings after Week 2:
Highlights from Week 2:
- Chad Finn (Hack Finns) still leads the league in wins (28) despite having the lowest run differential among the division leaders
- Finn’s pitching staff has allowed 142 total runs…they get it done on both sides of the plate!
- Division leaders: WEST: Finn (Hack Finns), CENTRAL: Doug Glanville (Teaneck Steel Drums), EAST: Jon Miller (Bora Bora Lagoon) and Joe Lemire (Manny’s Cup Check)
- HR Leaders: Mark Reynolds (Jared Diamond) – 17, Ryan Zimmerman (Doug Glanville)- 17, Miguel Sano (Joe Sheehan) – 16, George Springer (Glanville) – 16
- RBI Leader: Ryan Zimmerman (Glanville) – 40
- BA Leader: Mike Trout (Stein) – .367
- Notable pitching performances: Chris Sale (Finn) – 7-0, 1.83 ERA, 0.96 WHIP; Clayton Kershaw (Sheehan) – 4-3, 1.43 ERA, 0.86 WHIP; Ervin Santana (Finn) – 7-1, 1.60 ERA, 0.77 WHIP; Gerrit Cole (Will Leitch) – 4-1, 1.74 ERA, 1.18 WHIP
- Doug Glanville’s team has slugged a league-leading 94 home runs in 42 games!
- Chad Finn has the best team ERA at 2.99
- Another no-hitter this week in the League! Luis Severino (Jesse Spector) shuts down Jon Miller’s Bora Bora Lagoon in a highlight reel performance.
- A crazy 6-run rally in the top of the 9th propelled Jared Diamond over Will Leitch in Game 29!
- Another unfortunate result for Will Leitch as he takes a lead into the bottom of the15th inning in Game 33 against Chad Finn…only to see a three-run rally into a walkoff!
- Jared Diamond and Diamonds in the Rough are truly road warriors, posting a 19-8 mark in opposing ballparks. Marc Stein (Norristown Bulls) is hanging in the wild card race despite a -44 run differential!
At the end of the league playoffs, Strat-O-Matic will be making a $1,000 donation to the winning team’s charity of choice.
To view daily scores, team rosters and league statistics, please visit the Baseball Daily Media Experts League Page.