We’re back from some Memorial Day festivities to check in on the Baseball Daily Media Experts League! Here is a look at the league standings after Week 5:
Highlights from Week 5:
- Chad Finn (Hack Finns) leads the league in wins (69) with but Doug Glanville’s (Teaneck Steel Drums) squad has the highest run differential at +122.
- Steve Gardner’s (Madison Square Gardners) pitching staff and defense takes over the top spot in run suppression, allowing 406.
- Division leaders: WEST: Finn (Hack Finns), CENTRAL: Doug Glanville (Teaneck Steel Drums), EAST: Jon Miller (Bora Bora Lagoon)
- HR Leaders: Mike Trout (Marc Stein) – 37, Giancarlo Stanton (also Stein!) – 37, Mark Reynolds (Jared Diamond) – 36
- RBI Leader: Zimmerman (Glanville) – 88
- BA Leader: Mike Trout (Stein) – .336
- Notable pitching performances: Ervin Santana (Finn) – 12-3, 2.06 ERA, 0.97 WHIP; Clayton Kershaw (Joe Sheehan) – 10-5, 2.28 ERA, 0.99 WHIP; Gerrit Cole (Will Leitch) – 9-4, 2.33 ERA, 1.19 WHIP; Sean Manaea (Gardner) – 9-4, 2.55 ERA, 1.02 WHIP
- Marc Stein’s team has slugged a league-leading 178 home runs in 108 games, finally dethroning Doug Glanville! However, Glanville reigns supreme in RBI with 521.
- Jon Miller has the best team ERA at 3.47. His pitchers have pitched 21 complete games!
- Stuart Miller hits a bit of a rough stretch as his team makes 8 errors in 3 games against Joe Lemire but manages to take a game back.
- They only needed one run to take the lead in the top of the 17th, but the Gardners got 6 insurance runs to take down Derrick Goold and the Tower Grove Mundys. However, the Mundys got the last laugh by taking 2 from the defending champ.
- Jared Diamond and Doug Glanville trade shutouts in the middle of the week, with Brad Peacock pitching a 1-hitter.
- More bad luck for Stuart Miller against Will Leitch, as Miller outhits him in every game of his weekend series, but still gets swept.
At the end of the league playoffs, Strat-O-Matic will be making a $1,000 donation to the winning team’s charity of choice.