We’re approaching the playoff push in the Baseball Daily Media Experts League! Here is a look at the league standings after Week 6:
Highlights from Week 6:
- Chad Finn (Hack Finns) leads the league in wins (83) with but Doug Glanville’s (Teaneck Steel Drums) squad has the highest run differential at +139.
- Finn does it on both sides of the plate, as his pitchers have a lockdown week 6. He leads in run suppression by a huge margin.
- Division leaders: WEST: Finn (Hack Finns), CENTRAL: Doug Glanville (Teaneck Steel Drums), EAST: Jon Miller (Bora Bora Lagoon)
- HR Leaders: Mark Reynolds (Jared Diamond) – 42, Giancarlo Stanton (Marc Stein) – 40, Mike Trout (also Stein!) – 39, Aaron Judge (Jon Miller) – 38
- RBI Leader: Zimmerman (Glanville) – 100
- BA Leader: Mike Trout (Stein) – .323
- Notable pitching performances: Ervin Santana (Finn) – 14-4, 2.00 ERA, 0.99 WHIP; Clayton Kershaw (Joe Sheehan) – 11-6, 2.16 ERA, 1.00 WHIP; Gerrit Cole (Will Leitch) – 10-7, 2.79 ERA, 1.22 WHIP; Luis Severino (Jesse Spector) – 10-11, 2.88 ERA, 1.06 WHIP
- Glanville reclaims the team home run lead with 208. Jared Diamond is close behind with 203, as he remains in the wild card race.
- As mentioned, Chad Finn’s pitchers absolutely locked it down this week. Their team ERA drops to 3.12 as he grows his division lead.
- Finn is riding an 8-game win streak en route to a 22 (!) game division lead…looking very solid to clinch our first playoff berth!
- Bud Norris pitches a one-hit gem for Will Leitch, as Leitch shuts Steve Gardner out twice in three games.
- In the only other real negative instance for Gardner this week (he has been on fire), he loses a slugfest against Marc Stein by a score of 14-12, but the champ maintains a strong position on the wild card spot.
- Three teams are firmly leading their division and six more are in play for the wild card…don’t miss a moment over the next two weeks leading up to the postseason!
At the end of the league playoffs, Strat-O-Matic will be making a $1,000 donation to the winning team’s charity of choice.