Baseball Daily Pennant Race
In February, Strat-O-Matic launched the innovative Baseball Daily product which allowed users to play along with the 2016 season as it happens. Now, we are offering all of our Windows customers a chance to get a taste of the game by playing out the pennant race for free! (You must own Baseball 2016 and have the latest patch in order to play Baseball Daily. The patch can be found here: support/patches). If you are purchasing this product on its own (without any other products), select "free order" on the checkout page in order to process the order.
To try it out for yourself, add the Baseball Daily 2016 roster to your cart and check out as you normally would. The product can be found here: products/baseball-daily-2016. Once the order is completed a code for the roster will be added to your account.
Open Strat-O-Matic Baseball 2016 and go to the League menu. Select “Create Daily Data League”. A prompt will appear, click on Yes. Another prompt will ask you what day to start the season at. To jump right into the pennant race, enter “163” without the quotes. This will start your season on Monday, September 12th, allowing you to play out all games from there. If you choose to start from another date you can do so by entering the appropriate number. Select which games you want to play manually and begin!
Why is Baseball Daily so great?
With Baseball Daily, digital player cards will adjust and update daily based on real-life player performance. When a player goes on a hot streak, his production will be immediately reflected on his Strat-O player card. When a player endures a slump, his card will be adjusted accordingly as well.
Baseball Daily digital cards reflect a combination of current season stats, recent performance, projected stats, and Strat-O-Matic’s proprietary algorthims and ratings. Historical data is factored into the cards at the start of the season, with current season stats having increased influence as the season progresses.
Strat-O-Matic ran a simulation of the 2015 World Series using the Baseball Daily digital cards last October and the results were remarkable. Here were some of the predictions that came to life:
- Kansas City wins first two games at home
- Jeurys Familia blows the save in a game that ends in 14 innings
- Home runs by Alcides Escobar and Alex Gordon in Game 1
- Matt Harvey allows three earned runs in Game 1
- New York’s bullpen implodes in Game 1
- Jacob deGrom allows four earned runs in Game 2
- Johnny Cueto allows one earned run in Game 2
- David Wright hits a clutch home run in Game 3; New York wins the game
- Michael Conforto hits a home run in Game 4 (Conforto actually hit two HRs)
- Harvey dominates in Game 5: 7ip, 0 runs, 4h, 1bb, 8k (identical through seven innings, short of one strikeout)
Check out how Trevor Story’s Baseball Daily cards changed through his blistering start to the year here.
Gary Sanchez’s tremendous August is illustrated in his Baseball Daily cards here.