NEW FEATURES FOR CD VERSION 14.0
As we announced two years ago, support for the Legacy Version (the old interface version of the game) has been dropped as of Version 14. We now ship only the Graphical Interface Version of the program. The Graphical Interface is "SOMBB.EXE". Your old Legacy version ("BASEBALL.EXE") might still exist on your hard-drive from last year’s intsall, however that version of the program cannot access any new data that is being released from 2009 onward.
1) NETPLAY – Netplay has been rewritten and is directly integrated into the Graphical User Interface version of the program. A key new feature allows the visiting team the ability to host games. The Legacy Version of Netplay has been retired.
2) GAME LOBBY – A Game Lobby has been added. The Game Lobby will be a place where you can meet up with friends for games, or make new friends to play against.
3) SPECTATOR MODE – Spectator Mode has been added. Now you can watch as other guys in your Netplay league go head-to-head in regular season or playoff games!
4) ACTUAL TO-DATE WON/LOSS RECORDS – For replays the League Standings report will now show the team replay record, actual to-date won/loss record and the actual total won/loss record. Actual To-Date won/loss data is included for all seasons that we sell! (Note: you must replay the schedule in proper chronological order for this feature to work)
5) MATCHUP BOX – The Matchup Box now includes a checkbox to toggle information. When checked the Balance information area of the Matchup Box is replaced with an information area that includes Bunting, Hit&Run, Power (left&right) and Stealing ratings.
6) COMPARISON REPORT – The Team Stats Comparison Report shows the players actual stats and replay stats so that you can compare stats. The report is similar in nature to the Utilization report, however the actual stats are the players seasonal totals instead of his pro-rated totals and there are additional fields shown.
7) ACTUAL PITCHER BATTING CARDS – When using Actual Pitcher Batting Cards, all of the hitting ratings such as Bunt, H+R, S/B, Run, Power are now read off the Pitcher’s Hitting card.
8) CONTEXT MENUS – Context menus are available on the League Manager dialog via right-clicking the mouse.
9) RESTART LEAGUE & SCHEDULE BATCH CHANGE – New options have been added to the Restart League and Schedule Batch Change dialogs to choose Manual games for only home OR only road games. This will come in handy in a play-by-email league as it allows you to set your team’s home games to Manual and all the other games to Hold.
10) NEW LEAGUE FILTER ADDED TO SORT PLAYER – A filter has been added to the Sort Player dialog to filter players by actual league. Leagues that can be selected are American League, National League, Federal League, Player’s League, Union Association and American Association. This will come in handy anytime you have a mixed pool of players, for example when drafting from the current seasons Major League pool which includes both American and National league players.
11) EXPORT GAME RESULTS OR SUBSETS – The "Export Game Results or Subsets" function has been improved to allow you to select the folder you wish to export the files to instead of forcing it to a floppy diskette in the A: drive.
12) USAGE DISPLAY – The Team Statistics Usage Display report has been improved so that it now display in red (to draw attention) whenever a player has reached 0 left in either at-bats, plate appearances, games started, or innings pitched.
13) MATCHUP BOX – On the game screen the player positions have been added to the lineups displayed in the Matchup Box.
14) PLAYER PICTURES – Pictures for pitcher who are at-bat are now searched for in the Pitchers folder instead of the Batters folder. This avoids the necessity of copying all pitcher pictures to the batters folder in order to see the pics when a pitcher was at-bat.
15) BUG FIXES – Twenty bugs have been identified and corrected with this version of the game:
- Update Lineup Dialog – This dialog incorrectly allowed Preset Lineup names to be entered that were greater than 14 characters long – this caused corruption of league information.
- In rare circumstances a pitcher would start the game but not be listed as the opposing pitcher on the other team’s lineup dialog.
- Super Hal Bullpen dialog – The player information box was sometimes overlayed so you couldn’t see all of the information.
- Player Sort Dialog – Text was cutoff on left side of screen in the Player Sort dialog.
- Injury Report – The team with the least amount of injuries was being left off the report.
- Import Schedule – Importing sch/pit info of pitchers traded during the season didn’t work properly. These pitchers didn’t show up properly on his first team’s rotation.
- Give Team Days Off – This function did not work properly for certain teams.
- Lineup Dialog – An invalid condition could be caused by dragging a replacement from the bench to underneath the ninth slot in the lineup area. This has been fixed.
- Playoff Leagues – Ballpark double and triple information was not being properly copied to the playoff league teams.
- "PC Fatigue error" would sometimes appear for leagues using the pitch count rule.
- Batch reports now use ".htm" instead of ".HTM" extensions. The upper case extension name caused problems when trying to publish the files online.
- Rare bug was corrected where a player was "cloned" and appeared on the mound and in another position simultaneously.
- When skinning was not being used a graphic was still showing at the bottom of the League Manager screen.
- Tactile Dice have been fixed so that when using single-die stop first mode the dice will continue rolling until you release the mouse, then the final two dice will roll until you click again.
- Fatal error 38 appeared when all players were used and a pitcher had to be replaced. The game now asks if the user wants to try to continue instead of automatically crashing.
- When trying to export stats the dialog would swap file names around as you clicked on them to alter the Yes or No setting.
- After exporting player statistics the .EX1 and .EX2 files in the export folder would prevent the Export Subsets function from functioning properly.
- When using the Actual Pitcher Batting Cards and a triple resulted on the pitcher’s card while using the "triple modified to double" Max Doubles/Triples Rule the game forced a double even if the pitcher had hit a triple in real life.
- When a trade was consummated via the Cut and Paste technique numerous problems were possible including problems with player multi-team stat totals, and possible data corruption of league stats.
- A bug that sometimes caused players from one team to appear on another team’s statistics reports has been found and corrected.
16) SUPPORT FOR NEW SEASONS – Support for the new 2008, 1924 (Deluxe Super-Advanced), 1878, 1883, 1890, and 1898 seasons as well as the upcoming Negro League set (ETA: Spring of 2009) has been added.
17) BALLPARK PHOTOS
- 12 New ballparks pictures – Baltimore(day), Cleveland(day and night), Los Angeles(day), New York-NL (day and night), New York-AL (day and night), San Francisco (day and night), Washington (day and night)
- 38 new ballpark entry pictures! Arizona-1, Baltimore-4, Cleveland-4, Florida-1, Houston-1, Los Angels(NL)-2, New York(NL)-13, New York(AL)-4, San Francisco-5, Texas-1, Washinton-2
18) ROSTER IMPROVEMENTS AND CORRECTIONS – An amazing effort by the ROSTER CORRECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TEAM brings you upgraded rosters. Each of these seasons had their Computer Manager listings corrected, and their Starter Schedules verified and corrected as needed. In addition, each season had other changes made including many brand-new transaction file, actual lineups, play-by-play improvements, etc.
- 1887 CHN Flynn AB correction
- 1888 BON team year correction
- 1894 Transaction file improved
- 1897 Lineup file added; transaction file improved; edits to names
- 1900 Lineup file added; transaction file improved; PBP improved
- 1902 CHN Schlafly name correction
- 1909 BRN Myers name correction
- 1911 PIN Won-Lost record correction
- 1919 BRN Myers and SLN Fisher names correction
- 1925 BRN Myers name correction
- 1906U Lineup and transaction files added; NYN Hannifin name correction; PBP added
- 1907U Lineup and transaction files added; WAA Schlafly name correction; PBP added
- 1913U Lineup and transaction files added; NYN Schupp arm correction; BRN Fisher name correction; PBP added
- 1914U Lineup and transaction files added (NL and AL only); NYN Schupp arm correction; BRN Myers, BUF Schlafly, CHN Fisher names correction; PBP added
- 1915U Lineup and transaction files added (NL and AL only); NYN Schupp arm correction; BRN Myers, CHN Fisher names correction; PBP added
- 1916U NYN Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1917U Lineup and transaction files improved; BRN Myers name correction; NYN Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1918U BRN Myers and SLN Fisher names correction; NYN Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1920U SLN Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1921U BRN Myers name correction; BRN Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1922U BRN Myers name correction; CHA Schupp arm correction; PBP added
- 1923U Lineup and transaction files added; SLN Myers name correction; PBP added
- 1926U Lineup and transaction files added; PBP added
- 1927U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1928U Lineup and transaction files added; PBP added
- 1951U BON Nichols arm correction; SLA Rapp bat correction; PBP improved
- 1954U New extra player set as SAdv; Lineup file correction; MLN team code correction; PBP improved
- 1955U Lineup and transaction files improved; CHN Amor name correction; PBP improved
- 1959U Minor edits to names and transaction file; PBP improved
- 1960U Adds Range ratings for pitchers; PBP improved
- 1961U MLN Antonelli name correction; KCA Lumpe SS rating added; CHA Larson card redone; PBP improved
- 1964U Adds Range ratings for pitchers; NL transaction file correction; PBP improved
- 1965U Lineup files improved; PBP improved
- 1967U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1968U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1969U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1970U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1972U Adds Hold rating for pitchers; Minor name corrections; PBP improved
- 1973U Various name corrections
- 1974U AL transaction file improved; Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1976U Minor name corrections; PBP improved
- 1978U Minor name corrections; PBP improved
- 1980U Adds Hold rating for pitchers; Adds Starter schedules; Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1981U Adds Hold rating for pitchers; Transaction files improved; Adds Starter schedules; Extra players s/b re-rated; Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1982U Adds Hold rating for pitchers; Lineup and transaction files improved; Adds Starter schedules; CLA Castillo name correction; PBP improved
- 1983U Various name and team code corrections; PBP improved
- 1984U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1985U CLA Castillo name correction; PBP improved
- 1987U Various name corrections; PBP improved
- 1988U Various name and team code corrections
- 1989U Adds Starter schedules; Various name and team code corrections; PBP improved
- 1990U New extra player set as SAdv; Adds Starter schedules; PIN Bair Hold correction; MLA Hamilton name correction; PBP improved
- 1991U MNA Castillo name correction
- 1992U LAN Gross name correction; PBP improved
- 1993U Adds Starter schedules; Various name and team code corrections; PBP improved
- 1994U Adds Starter schedules
19) ACTUAL PITCHER BATTING CARDS – The ROSTER CORRECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TEAM not only made the above corrections, but they also have provided an enormous service to the Strat community by making available Actual Pitcher Batting Cards for the following seasons (note – these are packaged along with the rosters and are designated as *PHC* for Pitchers Hitting Cards when using the Roster Installation function):
§ 1877 expanded
§ 1887c expanded
§ 1888 expanded
§ 1889 expanded
§ 1894 expanded
§ 1895 expanded
§ 1897 expanded
§ 1900 BON Dinneen name corrected
§ 1906 NL added, V 13 AL unchanged
§ 1907 NL added, V 13 AL unchanged
§ 1911 NL redone (splits), V 13 AL unchanged
§ 1914 NL and AL added, only
§ 1915 NL and AL added, only
§ 1917 PHN Fittery CF rating added
§ 1920 CHA Cicotte name corrected
§ 1923 added
§ 1926 added
§ 1927 PHN Sweetland name corrected
§ 1928 added
§ 1934 DEA Auker name corrected
§ 1953 added NL, only
§ 1954 NL, AL redone (splits)
§ 1955 NL, AL redone (splits)
§ 1956 added
§ 1957 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1959 expanded
§ 1961 added
§ 1962 added
§ 1963 expanded
§ 1964 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1965 expanded
§ 1966 expanded
§ 1967 expanded, minor name correction
§ 1968 added
§ 1970 added
§ 1971 expanded, minor name correction
§ 1972 added
§ 1973 added
§ 1974 added
§ 1975 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1976 added
§ 1978 expanded
§ 1979 added
§ 1980 added
§ 1982 added
§ 1983 added
§ 1984 expanded
§ 1985 expanded
§ 1986 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1987 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1988 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1989 expanded, minor name corrections
§ 1990 added
§ 1999 added
§ 2007 adds ATN Reyes
20) PLAY-BY-PLAY IMPROVEMENTS
– The nickname file has been expanded yet again by our nickname guru Ren Petrie — there are 1,000 new player specific play-by-plays.
– All 30 teams files edited and updated for 2008 season. Note: this requires the purchase of the optional team specific play-by-play disk.