Version 2018h update Patch is now available. All users should download and install Version 2018himmediately. Please note, all fixes in 2018 version g update are also included in the h update patch. Version g is no longer needed.
Click here to download the H patch for Baseball Version 2018
ITEMS FIXED IN VERSION 2018H PATCH
1) The Batch Import Computer Managers function was not displaying errors such as mismatched rosters. This also affected the Cloud / Pull Computer Managers function. You will now be notified of any mismatches and be given the opportunity to bypass a computer manager if there is a problem.
2) Crashes could occur under certain circumstances when there were a large number of players on the bench while utilizing the Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups max rule. This was most often the case when using the "Minor Leaguers – Eligible" setting in the League Lineup Options.
3) On very rare occasions while the computer manager was making a double-switch it was removing a player who had just been brought into the game as an injury replacement.
4) The text for item 8 of the 2018G patch description said "Spectator Sounds" but it should have read "Vendor Sounds". The Sounds option dialog now says "Vendor/PA Sounds" (the PA stands for Public Announcer) and the Help File documents that this now controls the "Welcome to the Stadium" announcement.
5) The Cloud Hosting feature now posts a verification message when the commissioner is about to clear the ownership of a team. This will help prevent accidentally clearing the ownership of the wrong team.
ITEMS PREVIOUSLY FIXED IN VERSION 2018G PATCH
1) 2017 Data Corrections:
– The transaction files has been corrected to add 3 more player moves. This will allow you to restart the league and run without receiving an error on your 2nd run.
– Mike Napoli, Texas – Injury reading was moved from 3-2 to 3-3 on the right side.
NOTE: You will not see these fixes unless you completely reinstall the 2017 rosters. If you already have a 2017 season underway you should manually make the change to the Mike Napoli card.
2) The Cloud Hosting feature had a few bugs that have been addressed:
– In leagues where road games are played (instead of home games) you were not able to upload the game result files. That has been resolved but to do so you must select the home team (not your team) and then push the game files.
– Email addresses with a "." in it were not working.
– Issues with the Download league progress bar were addressed.
– Intermittent error when trying to push computer managers was fixed.
– Dynazip errors were being displayed for some users when trying to download the league.
– A fix was made to address a situation that occurred when you claim more than one team in a leauge.
3) The "Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups" max rule was not being toggled on and off with the Main Rules setting on the Options / Rules dialog. The program will now ignore the "Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups" max rule if the Main Rules is not set to "Maximum Level".
4) Monthly Leaders were incorrectly showing overall totals for traded players.
5) When using the new batch import of computer managers the game would sometimes crash.
6) When using the DH rule with double-duty players the computer manager would sometimes pinch-hit with a player who was already in the game as that team’s pitcher.
7) If 7th inning stretch occurred immediately following an injury roll then the trivia question would not display properly.
8) The "Welcome to the Stadium" wav file was playing even if all the sounds were turned off. This sound is now controlled by the "Spectator Sounds" setting on the Sounds option menu.
9) If a team was deleted and then a team with the same name abbreviation was added back to the league then subsequent imports of game files was resulting in the won/loss records in the standings to be incorrect.
10) Released players were showing an incorrect team abbreviation if they qualified for the leaders report. Since they are not on a team their code will be shown as "***". Note that this also applies to players who have been traded but have not yet accumulated any stats with their new team.
11) Loc Files have been updated for many ballpark pictures. The wall heights and fence distances have been changed to reflect the stadiums as of 2017.
12) The latest SOM-Baseball Rulebook PDF has been included (this is installed in the main game folder)
13) The Extreme Batter-Pitcher Matchups max rule is not compatible with the Lineup Evaluator as it is too memory intensive to run tens of thousands of games with. An error message now displays if you try to run an evaluation with this option turned on.
14) The Game Lobby had the following two bugs corrected:
– When trying to assign a new sound for the various actions a File Save dialog was being displayed instead of a File Open dialog.
– Occasionally after closing the Game Lobby and logging back in the user’s name would not be displayed.
– A variety of lobby display glitches were addressed.