Strat-O-Matic to release 1962 season in February
Strat-O-Matic will be releasing the 1962 baseball season as next year’s featured classic season re-creation. The 1962 season will be available in Super Advanced format as both a card set for the board game as well as a season roster for the Windows game.
Highlights of the 1962 season include:
- New York (AL) defeats San Francisco in 7-game World Series
- San Francisco edges Los Angeles (NL) 2 games to 1 in the NL Pennant Tiebreaker Series
- First year of expansion in the National League
- Detroit leads the sport in home runs with 209
- Los Angeles (NL) doubles up the second place team with 198 stolen bases
- Most Valuable Players: Maury Wills (Los Angeles – NL) and Mickey Mantle (New York – AL)
- Cy Young Award winner: Don Drysdale (Los Angeles – NL)
- Rookies of the Year: Tom Tresh (New York – AL) and Ken Hubbs (Chicago – NL)
1962 will be available for pre-order starting in mid-January along with the rest of the new baseball products, including the 2019 season. All new baseball products are scheduled to be released in early February.
More exciting new items for 2020 will be revealed in the coming weeks leading up to the first day of pre-orders, which has yet to be announced.