Hockey Board Games (By Season)
2019-20 Hockey Game
- Boston wins President’s Trophy; tight races in other three divisions
- No shortage: Pasternak, Ovechkin score 48 goals in shortened season
- Oil job: Draisitl (110), McDavid (97) 1-2 in scoring
This product includes all game parts.
This unique season ended abruptly about a dozen games short of the usual regular-season finish. But with no champion yet crowned after the first 24-team playoff in NHL history, this much is known about the excitement that a Strat-O-Matic replay or draft league can produce:
- Despite the shorter season, five men scored more than 40 goals each and 17 scored at least 30. Washington’s Alex Ovechkin was on top (again), but so was Boston’s David Pastrnak, both at 48.
- Edmonton’s Leon Draisitl and Connor McDavid were 1-2 in points (110 and 97) and assists (67 and 63). A full schedule might have produced at least five 100-point men, including Pastrnak and the Ranges’ Artemi Panarin (both at 95 points) and Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon (93).
- Tampa Bay’s Andrei Vasilevskiy led three 30-win goalies with 35.
- Dallas’ Anton Khudobin (.930) led 10 goaltenders with at least a .920 save percentage.
- Boston’s Tuukka Rask led with a 2.12 goals-against-average, a shade better than St. Louis’ Jake Allen (2.15). No wonder the Bruins (100 points) and the Blues (94) were 1-2 in success, leading the Eastern and Western conferences, respectively.
- Tampa Bay was next 92 points, but eight behind Boston in the Atlantic Division. Washington, at 90 points, was but one point better than Philadelphia in the Metropolitan Division. St. Louis topped Colorado by two points in the Central Division, though the Avalanche had a game in hand. Vegas was three points better than Edmonton in the Pacific Division.Powered by official averages and stats with exclusive Strat-O ratings; Enhanced by hundreds of hours of unique Strat-O research and statistical analysis